RESORT/COUNTRY CLUB SEMI-FORMAL
Dress code Resort Semi-Formal is more dressier then Resort Casual and similar to Dressy Casual, but more summery.
Resort wear is usually made of light weight fabrics, wearable and breathable like silk, high quality cotton, georgette or poplins. Colors like turquoise, aquamarine blue, sand, terra cotta, fuchsia, lime green, tangerine, sunflower are all appropriate. Wear patterns like stripes, polka dots, and bold floral prints.
Resort attire is also referred to as Country Club, Beach or Garden attire, depending on the occasion.
- A dressy short or full lenght jumpsuit or pantsuit.
- Quality linen and formal trousers or elegant capri's with a dressy top or shell.
- Nice and stylish short or long skirts paired with exotic shell or top.
- A casual dress, sundress, Indian kurti or a tunic with or without a waist belt.
- Flats or wedges, flip flops, trendy sandals, casual shoes, chic sandals, oxford shoes, sneakers and tennis shoes are all great option for a daytime event, as long as they are on the dressier side and not too casual or sporty.
- Modest daytime accessories, sunglasses and a hat.
- Light fabrics like linen, chiffon, organza, cotton blends or even lace are the best, because they can still look luxurious, but do not cling to the body.
- Makeup and hair should be modest and natural.
AVOID: Bikinis, monokinis or other swimming suits and sandals!
WHEN TO WEAR IT: You can wear Resort Semi-Formal for a daytime beach wedding, less formal Garden Party and on a cruise. On a bars and restaurants in holiday resorts and country clubs at the daytime.