RESORT/COUNTRY CLUB FORMAL
„Resort Formal“ or also called as "Resort Evening" is one of the strictest codes. It`s a step above "Resort Semi-Formal" and only a step down from "Formal“. Resort wear is usually made of light weight fabrics, wearable and breathable like silk, high quality cotton, georgette or poplins. Colors like turquoise, aquamarine blue, sand, terra cotta, fuchsia, lime green, tangerine, sunflower are all appropriate. Wear patterns like stripes, polka dots, and bold floral prints.
Resort attire is sometimes also referred to as Country Club, Beach formal or Garden attire, depending on the occasion.
- A dressy full lenght jumpsuit or pantsuit.
- Quality linen and formal trousers or elegant capri's with a dressy top or shell.
- Nice and stylish long skirts paired with exotic shell or top.
- A casual dress, sundress, Indian kurti or a tunic with or without a waist belt.
- Light fabrics like linen, chiffon, organza, cotton blends or even lace are the best, because they can still look luxurious, but do not cling to the body.
- A formal tea length or knee length summer sundresses.
- Long, exquisite, elegant, romantic and floaty maxi dresses and backless maxi dresses made of silk or Georgette.
- Carry a stole, pashmina, shrug, scarf or sheer shawl for cooler evenings.
- Pumps, high heels, embellished sandals and other open-toe style shoes are all acceptable. For “garden attire” pick wedge heels or flats.
- Shimmery bracelet and ear rings, finishing the look with a bedazzled clutch.
- Makeup and hair can be more bold then Resort Semi-Formal attire, but still summery, light and not too formal.
AVOID: Bikinis, monokinis or other swimming suits and sandals! You should avoid also faded jeans, flip flops, camisoles, or very short dresses, skirts, shorts and too loose dresses and tops. If you are invited to Beach Wedding then avoid white or off-white!
WHEN TO WEAR IT: "Resort Formal" attire is typically required for fancier restaurants, bars and clubs at high-end resorts and hotels or a holiday on a cruise. Wear Resort Formal at formal courtyard parties, garden parties and outdoor weddings what are taking place at the evening. The formality level may vary slightly from resort to resort and for some establishements the Resort Semi-Formal attire will be appropriate as well.